Thursday, 6 March 2014

Day 3 - Saving Power

Wednesday 5th March

Task:
My task is to try and stay for at least twelve hours without using the lights. This will be a challenging yet exciting task. I hope i can live up to my task without my parents telling me to turn on the lights.

Result:
This task as I said was challenging but it was also fun (I quite like the dark)! It turned out to be a real money saver!! The experience was fun as well. Imagine all the light turned off at night. Every thing would be pitch black, and that was how it turned out.

Reflection:
I think that if everybody did this for at least one day a month we would save a lot of power and energy. I was quite appalled when I searched up the amount of pollution going around the world. Since we are doing Solar Power inquiries in class I have noticed that even though solar power is really useful and is a renewable energy source it also generates light! If we all had solar panels in our houses I think that it would make a huge difference in the world.

What next?:
Tomorrow I hand wash the dishes so I can stop using the dish washer as it uses up not only electricity but also a lot of water.

Photo:





Vandana Chandrasekharan

No comments:

Post a Comment